Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS promotes a culture of understanding and growth through professional collaboration among the dynamic staff, which consists of licensed professional counselors, psychologists, and social workers. CAPS is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services We are here if you need to talk---about anything. CAPS is part of Student Services and is the university agency dedicated to provide counseling and psychological services for Wayne State students and to provide consultation and outreach to the university community in support of student welfare.
CAPS has enjoyed unprecedented growth and expansion in the past year, is well supported by the university, and has benefitted from a newly renovated space with large, bright, offices and exciting technological advancements. CAPS also features progressively expanding staff development trainings, growth in IACS approved intern and practicum placements, and an expansion of clinical services to students.
WSU Registered Students
We provide counseling to help you build and reach your goals for psychological health, personal well-being, and academic success.
- Free and confidential personal, couples, and group counseling is available to you.
- You can call or stop by to complete a short screening assessment to see which of our services best meets your needs.
Faculty, Department Representatives & Student Groups
- We will engage in Outreach Events as requested by faculty and the university community
- We provide Consultation Services on how to respond to student's psychological and emotional needs as requested
Parents of Wayne State Students
- As a parent, you can request Consultation about resources
- We provide Coordination of Care for any student who needs local mental health providers
- We are happy to present Talks to parent groups on topics of interest
Let us help. Call 313-577-3398
Wayne State is an urban university with a diverse student body from 50 states and more than 70 countries. At CAPS, as with the rest of the university, diversity is valued, appreciated, and accepted.